Every sport has a great psychological aspect since it creates challenges, it makes us push our limits, and creates moments where we can feel intense emotions. Sports offer us opportunities to improve not only technically and physically but on a personal level too.
PlazaLearn is an educational space about sport psychology so sport enthusiasts can learn how to bring the best of themselves during training as well as in competition.
To perform at an optimal level it is important to practice techniques to train the mental side so we can commit to our goals, we can learn to concentrate when facing distractions, manage our emotions, have self-confidence in pressure situations and use our effort in the most efficient way.
Alicia Plaza is the author of this website. Sport Psychology is one of her passions, and she is fascinated about how athletes can enjoy more and perform better by training their psychological side of sport.
She completed her degree in Psychology (BSc Hons) in Birkbeck College. Then she studied a master in Social Sciences (MA Social Sciences) with Open University and an MSc in Sport and Exercise Psychology with Staffordshire University.
Alicia has experience on performance enhancement, conducting educational sessions and training plans to athletes and coaches at elite and amateur level, and with different sports, (e.g., running, shooting, rugby, and football).
Terms and Conditions:
Please read the following terms and conditions before using this Site. Its subsequent use will mean that you accept all the conditions detailed here. Legal notice:
- plazalearn.com is expressly released from all legal responsibility for any damage, loss or injury as a result of the activities of any visitor to the Site and the use that may be made of its content.
2. plazalearn.com is not responsible for what the visitor may do with the information and links on this Site.
3. plazalearn.com contains external links to the pages of other readers / users / advertisers and is not responsible for their practices or content with regard to privacy.
4. plazalearn.com is not responsible for the interpretation of the information displayed on the Site.
5. plazalearn.com reserves the right to accept or delete any type of comment posted on the Site.
6. plazalearn.com does not intend to substitute professional treatment, if you know or suspect that you suffer from a psychological problem, we strongly advise you to go to a Psychology consultation. The information collected here is for informational purposes only, is not a treatment itself and should not be understood as such.
7. Visitors to plazalearn.com acknowledge having read these terms and conditions and agreeing to them. Visitors agree not to use the Site for illegal, unauthorized purposes and / or that detract from the statements of these conditions.